QuickBooks is a magnificent accounting tool that has added a major contribution in business growth. Several accounting tasks commence by the QuickBooks simultaneously. Day-to-day accounting activities like payroll analysis, inventory management, expense tracking, & so on can easily be performed. With the renowned accounting features, the software is used worldwide. However, there are technical issues & errors associated with QuickBooks. Users’ attempting the resolution process takes a lot of resources, effort & time. In case you encounter such an issue, don’t fret. Place an urgent call to our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-929-0120 to get your issues resolved instantly.
In this blog we will discuss QuickBooks error H202. If dealing with H202 error, don’t worry. Here’s how to fix it! Go through the blog thoroughly & learn the ways to resolve it.
Error code H202 is an issue that appears when a user tries to open the QuickBooks company file on another system but fails to communicate with the server. The error code persists with the message displaying “You are trying to work with a Company file that is located on another computer, & this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server.” But, before applying any troubleshooting measures, you should be aware of valid reasons behind it.
Potential Reasons of QuickBooks H202 error
Few possible reasons responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks error code H202:-
- Wrong QuickBooks file hosting configuration.
- When a firewall interrupts the way for exchange of data between QuickBooks & servers.
- DNS settings are not properly configured.
- Host’s or IP’s are not available to the Quickbooks desktop.
- Conflicts between Quickbooks Database Manager & DNS server.
- Corrupt or Damaged .ND file.
- Error code H202 port is not available in QuickBooks.
Resolve QuickBooks error H202 with effective solutions
Try any of these measures to get rid of QuickBooks error code H202:-
Step 1. Verify Network connectivity
- Download & run Qb Connection Diagnostic Tools.
- Conduct a scan to the entire Qb company folder.
- Examine IP address when the tool runs.
- Activate the ports by Open Ports button in the Firewall status.
- Follow the prompt instructions coming in wizard.
Step 2 Ping the server
- Open window from the workstation receiving Qb H202 error.
- Enter CMD in the text field & click OK.
- You have to ping the server, from the workstation.
- In order to ping, you need to enter “ping_[servername] & then hit enter. Bracket is just to denote the server name. Therefore, while performing the step, it should not be used.
- Perform the steps given above in all the workstations getting errors.
- In case loss of the packet is determined, it signalled that there are some network problems & repair is needed.
Hope the above mentioned steps are enough for you to resolve error H202 code. If you have some queries, freely ask from our certified qb experts by dialling us at +1-855-929-0120. They give comprehensive assistance.