QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software that gives essential accounting benefits to the firms. With its iconic features, many of the firms are getting benefits. From managing expenses to tracking inventory & estimating payroll, the software aids many users. Along with these, there are some flaws which users often come with.
In the blog, here we are going to discuss QuickBooks error 6147. If anyhow you get stuck with these issues, follow the blog thoroughly. You will learn troubleshooting measures & the ways to get rid of error 6147.
Potential reasons of error 6147 in QuickBooks
- If QuickBooks data file gets corrupted.
- When restoring the backup using the network drive.
- Backup file name that exceeds the limit about 210 Characters.
- Damaged window users.
- Incorrect folder permission to the file where you have QuickBooks company file.
- There is damage in qbw files.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6147 with effective solutions
Try any of these measures to get rid of error 6147:-
Step 1. Save the backup of the company file into the local system.
- Go to QuickBooks file main menu and then choose utilities. Verify if you view a host with a multi-user mode to attain access & then choose the yes option and click Yes. This will produce a Company file that remains closed. Click on the yes option again.
- Restore the file and take another backup from the local backup.
- Make sure that your company file path link does not exceed more than 210 characters if the changes of a company file are located. Attempt to import it.
- Now connect & send your file through QuickBooks data service team.
Step 2. Trend Micro antivirus security for your System
- Check your company file location.
- Press Ctrl and then double-click on QuickBooks & open the company file.
- From the list of the files, select the company file. Company’s file should be on the top.
- The file list will divulge that would indicate the file location.
- Now, navigate to the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. Then, carefully select the folder & add it to the exception.
Hope the above solutions given by us are enough to fix QuickBooks error code 6147. Also you can easily get rid of QuickBooks issues by dialling at 1-844-999-0406.